How to pass the value to excel which we get it from 'Full Text'

Hi All,
How to pass the value to excel which we get it from ‘Full Text’.
In my scenario, i am looping it for 10 times . i need to get each value and pass it through excel.
i am facing the error message by doing this. Please let me if any more information is required.
PFA… Main.xaml (18.2 KB)

@maxxmuthu

You need to use Add data row activity to add data to data table and post that, use write range activity to write into excel.
Please find the attached file.
Main (1).xaml (14.7 KB)

Let me know in case you’ve any further query.

2 Likes

@singhonkar

Hi,
I have done your method but it displays the error message

@maxxmuthu

The exception is coming in GetFullText activity which you’ve used to fetch client name. I’ve only done changes for adding the row data to excel.

Can you share screenshot of website and highlight which part you’re trying to extracting. Please try with get text activity also in place of GetFullText.

1 Like

@singhonkar
Please check the below screenshot.

@maxxmuthu

For this, use getText activity to extract the name and a dry run, let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

@singhonkar

I tried using getText activity to extract the name but facing the same issue.

@maxxmuthu
Figured out the issue. You’ve set the type of Clientname to data row. It should be of string type because getText or getFullText activity returns string value. See below in the screenshot.

Change it and try again.

1 Like

@singhonkar

Actually i tried that before but if i changed into string then i face the below issue.
Even if i converted into array of string also i face the issue.

@maxxmuthu

No problem, we can work on this issue. But that step is correct. I’ll get back to you after fixing this issue.

1 Like

@maxxmuthu

I’ve removed the while loop and did only for one entry. It’s working now. You can add loops as per your usecase scenario. Please find the attached xaml and output files.
Main (1).xaml (13.4 KB)
Output.xlsx (7.1 KB)

Let me know if this solution is good to go for you.

1 Like

@singhonkar

It is not working if we use the while loop.

@maxxmuthu

Can you please elaborate requirement of while loop condition?

1 Like

@singhonkar
i need to click generate button for ‘10 times’ so that i can able to get 10 client details. Each time i click the generate button i will copy the client name and paste it in the excel sheet.

@maxxmuthu

Please check this attached xaml and let me know if that’s good.
Main (1).xaml (14.9 KB)

1 Like

@singhonkar

It works great. Thanks a lot… Just 1 small doubt - How in the excel sheet ‘ClientName’ title was added ?

@maxxmuthu

I’ve used build data table activity which is in the starting of workflow.
If it works for you, please close this thread by mark it as solution so that it’ll help others. Cheers !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.