How to pass null value to a input text fields , drop down fields from excel sheet

Scenario where i have a form which has input text field ,dropdown and combo boxes.

Here i need to pass multiple values and check the validations.

1. I need to pass null values from excel for input text field and dropdown (means not select any option).click create button and check the validation messages.
  2. I need to pass invalid value to input text field and empty dropdown option (means not select any option).click create button and check the validation messages.
    has more positive and negative scenario’s like this.

Not aware of, how to pass null value’s to those fields.

just use “” in your typeInto and in the dropdown if you have an empty element you can set that and it will select that value.

If the whole process you want to come from an excel then you can read the excel (read range) and then loop through the datatable and for each row you can do the activities.

While passing data like in the excel .shows me element exception. But when valid data is passed from excel ,data gets passed in .

when some valid/invalid data is passed through excel ,uipath passes it to the input field/dropdown . but when passing empty value. shows “element operation exception” ,but which is not there when a valid/invalid data is passed.

Do a check for the value if null or empty and then if true you can use a typeinto with “”

@nadim.warsi
Can you give me example file ?

Web Application Form
1.First Name input text field
2.Last Name input text field
3.Middle Name input text field.
4. DOB input field.
5.Create button

While passing data from excel. If First name data from excel is empty ,Uipath should skip to next Last Name (if that is also empty) then UiPath should skip to Middle name. if all field data’s are empty.then click create button .

this how my scenario goes.
As like you , if we use “IF condition”,then i have to create nested IF conditions…

row.item(“Firstname”).toString=""
then else

row.item(“Lastname”).toString="" type into’Firstname’ --row.item(“Firstname”).toString
then …

Will it go like this ?

1 Like

Yes, should be his way :slight_smile:

1 Like

log.xlsx (12.8 KB)
cpm_countryList.xaml (129.8 KB)

When you look at excel sheet name “Languages” → it has four coulmn’s
langName ,langCode,langStatus,langStatusValidation.

When you look at Web sequence inside -->CreateLanguage. (it has 2 input text field and 1 dropdown , 1 create button).
Type into–>languageName (langName)
Type into -->languageCode (langCode)
Select → Status Active/Inactive (langStatus)
Create → button.

Scenario 1:
Lets take 2nd row from excel ,the langName ,langCode and langStatus all contains empty string.

if 2nd row values are passed to the form -->since langName ,langCode and langStatus are empty strings. Uipath should skip Typeinto for langName, Typeinto for langCode and select activity for langstatus and should click on “Create button”.

Scenario 2:

Lets take 3nd row from excel ,langCode and langStatus contains empty string. langName has data.

if 3rd row values are passed to the form -->since langName contains data ,uipath should pass the data in typeinto for ‘langName’ activity and langCode, langStatus are empty strings. Uipath should skip Typeinto for langCode and select activity for langstatus and should click on “Create button”.

4th scenario : langName has data ,langCode has data , langStatus is empty.
Typeinto langName activity ,Typeinto langCode activity , skip langStatus and click create button.

5th scenario : langName has data ,langCode has data and langStatus has data.
now enter those data’s in Typeinto langName activity , Typeinto langCode activity ,select a data in select langStatus activity .Click create button.
Now the language Name,Code and Status(active/inactive) will get created and added to the list.
Basically i am doing this to check the each field validation’s. i pass empty ,numeric , special characters with different scenario’s.
if there is any numeric or special characters is there in excel it is getting passed to the field’s.
if it is empty i need to skip one activity and go to another.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.