How to overcome the limitations of Add Data Row

Hello Everyone… :pray:

I have to write data into 37 columns… So I used Add data row activity to write the data into a datatable. But the activity is allowing only 16 columns. If I add 17th column value in add data row activity it is throwing an error called ‘too many arguments’

Can any one help me…

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pravin.

@Pravin_Mandadi

Try using add /append to collection and append all the values and pass the array variable instead…that should solve it

Or use assign to create array and then assign the variable in add data row

Cheers

Hi ,

I tried with 20 columns but didn’t get any error . Please check if your build Datatable and Add data row columns match.

try to input variables in add data row more than 16.

If I give more than 16 variables as input to add data row activity it is throwing error.

It is working for 16 variables as shown above…

It is throwing error for 17 variables as shown above

Hi ,

Build datatable :

Add data row:

Excel output :

instead of giving a,b,c,d values, try to give variables and check

Regards,
Pravin.

@Pravin_Mandadi

Did you try doing it the above way provided?

Cheers

Hi ,
Add the Data to the List and then Join the list to string and use it in Add Data row.

Hi dear, how you solve this problem, I have to write data into 32columns and i have the error, Even i have created one variable ArrayofString and pass all values of 32 and used that variable of ArrayofString into Add Data Row activity still having the same error
Please help me on this.

Hi @Andhale_Sangita

In the latest version of UiPath Studio this issue was resolved. If you are using older version then try this.

I know it is not a good approach to get our required output.

But I tried to create three build datatables with a dummy column(16th column) in each, and given a common value in those dummy columns.

Using join datatable activity I tried to combine all the three build datatables with the help of common value(dummy column).

If you get the better solution than this, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Pravin.

Hi @Praw1n and @Andhale_Sangita

I know even this is too late but I came across the same problem and thought of sharing the solution for this with you all.

Instead of creating three different data tables, create different string array type variables that contains variables not more than 16 based on your requirement.

Now lets say You have 32 variables then you can assign 16 variable each to the string array variables you created.
For ex.
arrStr1 = {16 variables}
arrStr2 = {16 variables}

Now create another array string variable like ‘arrStr’ and assign concatenation of above two arrays to this ‘arrStr’.

This arrStr variable you can use inside your array row activity in add data row.

Your problem should be resolved.

Thanks.

1 Like