How to output a value in another page in UiPath Apps (App Studio)

In UiPath App Studio, I created a Main Page and a Second Page, which is displayed in the Main Page using a Page Container.

When I click the blue button, the output_value variable will be set with the value ‘eggs’, and should output it in the textboxes in the Main Page and Second Page, as both have output_value as their value binding.

However, when I try it in preview mode, only the textbox in the Main Page shows the value

I tried just deleting the textbox in the Main Page to try if the textbox in the second page will show the value, but it still did not. Help. Could this be a bug?

I am having the same issue and want to bump this topic.

Can we please get some guidance on passing values from one page to another?

I have created a page that will launch a process to find a client from a database using either their first and last name, birthdate, or phone number and return their client ID. No problem, but then I am unable to pass that verified client ID to the next page that will launch processes to gather their demographics, appointments, payments, phone logs, etc.

I’m basically trying to do the same thing as Karl here, but the set value function doesn’t seem to be able to work between pages.

In the demo on YouTube: UiPath Apps Demo - YouTube
They show us a “Bank Agent Console” that grabs an input value from the incoming call process, allows the user to validate it, and passes it to Main Page where the verified client data is used to run other processes. I want to do that for my business!

Can we get a copy of that template to be able to reverse engineer the page?

So I’m not sure if this is going to help as a work around for you, but I hope it could be useful.
Instead of putting the information to be displayed on a different page (where we can’t seem to pass values), I created a container on the same page and hid the container where the value was located.

Once I set the value (for a field on the same page) I also set the “Hidden” value of the container to nothing which made it visible and displayed the value.
Once the action in the hidden container is done, you can set it back to hidden by setting the value to Boolean and using the check icon (really weird). I tried True/False and it didn’t work, but this seems to check the “Hidden” and “Disabled” attributes of a value.

Hi Jason @jwfriday,

Thanks for your response. I do often use the hiding container approach you suggested, but the app in the project I’m currently working on has so many fields in the main page that I thought of doing the other fields in another page. I don’t know if you retried and noticed, but when I recently tried running my example above, for some reason it’s now working; the value is now displaying in the second page. The bug must have been recently fixed for all we know.

Regarding hiding containers by setting the value of Container.Hidden, there is a proper way to do that as in the guide below:

Hi Karl @kwv,
I did notice that I have been able to pass some of the values, but not everything (like tables). Thanks for sharing the hidden container guide. Where did you find this? I went through all the materials and didn’t see this, was it updated or is this from another place?
Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason @jwfriday ,

You mentioned tables, are you trying to pass a data table value? I don’t think they’re supported in Apps at the moment.

I made that hidden container guide myself. I admit doing a similar way before as you did, until I discovered by chance the Boolean tick box. For now, there’s not much documentation re Apps around, so it’s usually trial and error doing development.

Hi Karl @kwv,
I am able to use the data table variables on the main page, but when I try to create the table on another page, it doesn’t populate.

1 Like