How to open particular chrome user profile?

Hello,

I have few chrome user profiles. I need to open a chrome on particular profile to login to the application.

In Open Browser Activity, there is no option to specify. Is there any other way to specify to open the desired chrome profile.

Thank you.

Hi @Skr01,
Welcome to the Community!
You need to use chrome argument like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory="<name of the profile>"
1 Like

Hi @Pablito,

I tried the above argument with Open Application activity, but unfortunately, i am getting “Value does not fall within the expected range” error message and also getting the warning as chrome extension not enabled even though its enabled.

I am not sure the error message has to do with extension issue. I am still trying the overcome the error.

I tested it and you have right. The problem is that Open Application activity need arguments as a String type. Quotation of the argument makes chrome unable to read that. I figured out other method to run chrome with particular profile.

1. Make text file to which you will put script:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\"
.\chrome.exe --profile-directory="<profile name>"
  1. Use Read Text File activity to read this text file and set it’s output:
    image image
  2. Use Invoke Power Shell and write the variable from previous activity output:
    Done! I tested it and it’s working wonderful :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I tried your method. I got the error message as “Set-Location : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument ‘–profile-directory=Profile 1’.”

Hence, I created an bat file and used Start Process Activity to read it and its working!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.