How to open orchestrator libraries package file in studio, when it turns into dll file

When I download the package from library to studio, it comes out to be dll file not nuget package extension, how to convert the .xaml file

Hello @mazhussain1!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hello @mazhussain1 ,

I’m trying to understand what is the problem you are attempting to solve.

A library is a packaged piece of functionality that you add to your project and then the activities in that library show up in UiPath Studio that you can use.

But if you are trying to get to the source code of the library, then you will need to have access to the project file (with xamls) that has been published by the owner of that library.

Any reason you are trying to convert a compiled library back to .xaml files?

1 Like

Not to hijack an old thread, but relevant to the question above: We are unable to find the source .xamls for a library after the developer left the company. We would like to open the library so we can view/manage the files. Is this not possible?

Go to Orchestrator, click Packages, click Libraries, find the library, download it, rename to .zip and open.

When you do this though all you get are the .dlls, not the actual .xaml files to open in Studio and look at the code itself.

Haha I had never done it before for a library. I just tried it and you’re right! I just assumed it works the same as a Process. I had no idea it was compiling my custom activities. It would be nice if the project files could be added to the package. It’s great in those times where you’re unsure of some files and just want to get the currently running production code out of Orchestrator.

This is dependent on how the Nuget was published and whether or not the XAML / source is included.

When publishing a library from within Studio, the flag for the inclusion of source files is exposed.

• Include Sources - If checked, all xaml sources will be packaged within the library, including private sources. These help at debug time.

Or from the Project settings

1 Like

I’ve had both of these options checked off for years and its never saved the source files for Libraries that are published. Are you sure that this option actually works for Libraries? (I think it’s a bug)