How to open Excel file one by one from folder

I have 5 Excel files in folder and want to open one by one by them and update the file details in ERP tool.
for that i use below method. now in Start process want to open first excel file from folder after work need to close it and then open second file…like this

So can anyone please help me to open Excel file one by one.

1 Like

Hi
you were almost done
once after getting the array of filepath from Getfiles method pass that variable as input to FOR EACH activity and change the type argument as string in the property panel of for each loop
–inside the loop use START PROCESS activity and mention the FILENAME property with input as item.ToString

Cheers @nm09011985

Hi,

I tried as per your suggestion, but its opened all the files, I just want first file from that folder should open first.

1 Like

fine
in that case
–first assign activity with array of filepath as output
–then directly use START PROCESS and mention the filename property with input as
File_List(0).ToString

Cheers @nm09011985

1 Like

Maybe you should have a look at this tutorial first

Cheers

Hi,

thnx Man, its work for me.
now for open next file if i don’t know the actual number of files how i can start that.

Fine
yah to open each file one by one we can use FOR EACH loop and that would work even though we dont know the number of files Cheers
@nm09011985

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.