How to obtain Uipath.Pdf.activties Package under Compatibility of Windows

Hi there,
I encountered a problem relating to the compatibility of project.
I just updated my version of Uipath and I created a new project under compatibility of Windows.
Now, I would like to download Uipath.Pdf.Activities Package but I could not find it in the Manage Package.
I tried to figure out what was going on with my Uipath.
And I found the package is only available under Compatibility of Windows-Legacy.
I really need the function of “read PDF activity”.
Does anyone have suggestion to deal with the issue of Compatibility?

Hi @DannySpace

Refer the thread below !

Regards

1 Like

Thank you for you prompt reply!!

I’ve installed “Docotic.Pdf library” but I could not find the relating activities.
Does it need special ways to use it?

Best regard,

Hi @DannySpace

Refer the documentation below!

Check with the compablity!

Regards

1 Like

Hi @pravin_calvin

According to my understanding, Compatibility of Windows is based on .NET 5.

In the Release Notes, it mentioned that
For v3.4.1
The UiPath.PDF.Activities package has been upgraded to .NET5. While both .NET versions continue to be supported, the .NET5 projects can only work on 64-bit architectures.

I thought that I can use Uipath.PDF.Activities under my project now.
In fact, I still can’t find that package. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @DannySpace

I think it will not support in Windows Compability!

Looping @Pablito @loginerror for solution!

Regards

1 Like

Hi @DannySpace @pravin_calvin

Yes when we use compatibility in windows mode whether in c# or vb this Uipath.pdf.Activities packages not shown. Its shows only under the windows legacy mode.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Is there any other packages or functions available for reading the PDF text? :frowning:

Hi dannyspace

I am using this Uipath.Pdf.Activities packages only i am not sure other packages will fullfill Your expectation or not. Once you change the compatiblity to windows legacy mode you can achieve.

Regards
AMAL

1 Like

Hi @AMALRAJ

Thank you for your information.
I’ve created a project under Compatibility of Windows and I almost finished it.
Is there any methods that I can transfer my existing process into another processes under Compatibility of Windows-Legacy?

Best,

Hi @DannySpace
i’m not sure :thinking:i think it doesnt work. For that purpose only uipath give the compatibility function. if windows or windows legacy or cross platform.

1 Like

hi,
I was suffering from this issue and after installing the visual Studio from the mentioned link , the issue has been solved , and i have added the PDF activities successfully

don’t forget to restart your Uipath App after installing Visual Studio App.

1 Like