How to navigate to another URL using same browser

Hi,

I would like to navigate to another URL using the same browser opened.

Sample:
Open Browser (google.com) → {some process here} → Go to another URL (yahoo.com) using the same browser opened.

Tried using “Navigate URL” and passed the browser variable (from Open Browser) but it produces error.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Is Navigate To activity inside the Open Browser activity?

If not please put it inside, then it should work.

If yes, please add more detail about the error you encountered, such as error message.

1 Like

OK, in my case I put Navigate TO outside Open Browser.

Is it possible to achieve this if Navigate To activity is outside Open Browser?

Yes. First create browser variable(x) of open browser then pass same browser variable(x) to navigate activity property.

That’s what I did but got this error.

Can you attach workflow.

Would you mind telling me how to do that?
It is not clear to me how to assign to an activity property a variable at runtime. I actually need to change the URL property of an Open Browser activity at runtime, to be able to go to several webpages on an excel list, for example.

I am learning this, and I am having a hard time to do it.

Thank you very much!

Hi,
Here we go.
Main.xaml (12.3 KB)
websitedata.xlsx (8.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you!

I will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Eric

ddpadil, where can I access better documentation? We are testing Ui, so we do not have access to the whole thing, but we need to find info to solve this sort of simple things like what I asked you. Is there a source of knowledge where we can find this kind of info?

thanks again!

Eric

Hello!

Check it out the Knowledge Base: UiPath - Knowledge Base

Also, Uipath Forum is a good way to learn things. You just have to use the “Search Bar” on the top of the page :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

Gracias Lucas :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

me too

Hi,
Here I have attached the sample workflow for the situation. I hope it will work.

File : uipath.zip (8.8 KB)

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Having the same problem…
“Navigate to TST module : Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))”
Could someone solve this? It is not the most elegant thing to write the url in the navigation panel, so I would like to solve the Navigate to activity problems.

Hi @dna,
It is quite different. The navigation url is share point url or a normal web page ?

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi,
It is a normal webpage

Check the selector of Browser window. Maybe there is a problem (some not found name title)?

The browser is sent in as a variable, it cannot be the problem :slight_smile: If I type into the navigation panel, it works. The problem is with the navigate to, I am sure