How to modify or update the Insights URL after installation?
Issue Description: Post installation using machine name (ex computer/app) it is desired to use a FQDN (computer.domain.com). Is it required to reinstall Insights?
Resolution: Perform the below steps
- Login to the Insights Machine
- Open a browser and go to http://localhost:3030
- On the left hand side, click the UiPath logo five times. This will open up a hidden configuration display.
- On the left select 'Base Configuration'
- Scroll down to the section 'System'. Click on the drop down and then modify the URL to the new URL.
- At the top of the screen, select 'Save Base'
- Make a backup of the file: C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Tools\UiPath.InsightsAdminTool.exe.config.
- Open the file and search for the old URL and do a find and replace on it with the new URL.
- This file requires admin priviledges to modify. So open an admin prompt and execute the following commands:
- notepad "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Tools\UiPath.InsightsAdminTool.exe.config"
- Then modify the file and click save.
- Updating this file ensures that the Insights admin tool still knows how to talk to Insights.
- Make a backup of the file: C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\JVMContainer\Connectors\UiFrost\uipath_insights.properties
- Open the file and search for the old URL do a find and replace on it with the new URL
- Using an admin prompt:
- notepad "C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\JVMContainer\Connectors\UiFrost\uipath_insights.properties
- Modifying this file ensure the custom data connector has the correct references.
- On the Orchestrator DB, modify the [dbo].[Settings] find the row with name 'Insights.Portal.BaseUrl' and modify it with the updated URL.
- Make sure that no trailing slashes are used.
- In the Insights DB, change the same reference under [dbo].[Settings]
- After the above has been done, verify that everything is working
- Login to Orchestrator and make sure that Insights is still accessible.