How to make Robot interact with application, running with Admin rights in Unattended mode ?
When running the Robot from Orchestrator, UiPath Robot runs without Admin rights and it can only interact with the applications which are running with the same integrity level.
If the target application is running with higher elevation, the error as "Cannot automate the application, as the target application is with elevated mode" is obtained.
In order to automatically start UiPath Executor as admin (Robot user should have administrator access) suitable configurations should be performed at GPO Level. Check with your IT admin team to perform the changes with your organization's approval. Be informed UiPath never recommends to start UiPath as admin, due security concerns.
To run UiPath service as Admin, make below changes in policies:
- Run gpedit.msc to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Expand Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and Security Options.
- Set "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Elevate without prompting.
- Set "User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation" to Disabled.
- Set "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Disabled.
- Set "User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locations" to Disabled