How to make a trigger start after every 7 hours and 5 minutes?

Hi everyone, I want to make a trigger that make a job start after every 7 hours and 5 minutes. Ex: First time at 00:00, second time at 07:05, third time at 14:10.
I was trying to use Hourly in trigger. However, it is not what I want to. If I set every 7 hours at 5 minutes. The result will be First time at 00:05, second time at 07:05, third time at 14:05.
Happy to listen to your advice
Thank you

Hi @Dam_Son

Please try this and let know if it works,

0 5 1-23/7 ? * * *

It will start after 1 hr and end at 23 hr, so hoping it will skip the first trigger at 00:05

And if you don’t want 21.05( as you are saying 07.05,14.05 and not 21.05)also try this,

0 5 1-15/7 ? * * *

Thanks

1 Like

@Dam_Son
Kindly note: Crons are time based and not interval based
24hrs / 7 is a fraction, so maybe to adopt to get it fit into 1 day based scheduled

Also have a look here to get some support for developing a cron statement:

Maybe you can work with this: 0,7,14,21,0 next day
0 0 0/7 ? * * *

1 Like

I am sorry. English is not my first language, so I think that I make you misinterpreted it. I want a trigger making a job start every 7 hours and 5 minutes. For example, if the fist start at 02:00 so the second should be 09:05 and the third should be 16:10, the fourth 01:15 next day,…
I see that if I use hourly in trigger. It will set every 7 hours at 5 minutes. The result will be First time at 02:05, second time at 09:05, third time at 16:05,… So the job will be triggered every 7 hours not 7hourse and 5 minutes.

HI ,
use below cron expression
0 5 1-15/7 ? * * *

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@Dam_Son when is the first start?

Without knowing when it starts it will be difficult to write an expression.

Thanks

so the first start is 00:00. and the job will be triggered every 7 hours and 5 minutes.
Thank you

Cron expression does not work in this case. if you know start time then only can do. cannot do dynamic.

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@Dam_Son then the expression I provide will work I think , when scheduling select advanced and paste the expression there,after that you can see the intervals in the schedule page

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will try it.

I am using default folder structure instead of modern structure, where i can assign process to specific BOT. I want to run my automation for every 5minutes between 8-22 and I have created respective CRON expression 0 0/5 8-22 ? * MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI * .

Question/Query :- If my 8AM job continues to run till 12PM, will the jobs that has scheduled to be triggered at 8.0AM, 8.10AM, 8.15AM…11.05AM, 11.10AM… 11.55AM will continue triggering and create jobs with status PENDING?

If yes, i don’t want that to happen. Instead at 12.05PM i want a new job to be triggered since by 8AM job ended at 12PM. Can this be possible?
Simple to say, i don’t want the pending jobs triggering on a BOT if a job is already in progress on same BOT.

No you will not get pending jobs, even if you use dynamic allocation of the target robot.
The followup trigger will not start e 2nd job in the queue, but the trigger throws an error message in the orchestrator (which is perfectly fine to ignore).