How to loop through rows and columns in an excel and pass them to a webpage

@Pals Do you have an activity after your “Type Into” activity? Is Empty Field checked? If not, the process will continue to loop until all rows are written.

Hi Vikas,

Can I know how do you resolve the problem that you mentioned above? As I was doing the same mistake as you even I followed the steps as mentioned above. Thanks for your sharing. :grinning:

Hi,
If there are more than 20 columns in the excel sheet…Should I use 20 get row items ? Or is there any other method?
TIA

@maria_baby - You can loop though datatable using for each row activity.

For more reference use

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/for-each-row

Your answer is awesome. I can use this step for my job. Many Thanks for your kindness.

how to do it?
if the data is in 3 row. how assign it

Thank you for the steps. One more question.
How would I write “Pass” or “Fail” to the rows in Excel as I process each row?

Thank you, but what if I want to have each row inputted in different text boxes on a single website? If I do the step above, I will have only one variable assigned to each. I want one variable be assigned to each row in the same column, so that Row 1 column 1 be entered into text box 1 on the website, then enter row 2 column 1 to the next text box. How can this be done?

Hi Rammohan91. This is great answer . I learned very much from y

This has helped us a lot today. Many years later :slight_smile:

Hi Rammohan,
I need a Help On Web automation From Excel.
I have a Excel workbook with two column Thats A & B with 100 records and i want to do the Entry on a website but the Problem is its running only once & not doing the same for 2nd onward records i have checked all the Things but not Found the solution. Also i have created same thing for another website that’s work fine but this one not working.

Please Any Suggestions…

Hi Sanat,

Add the activity within a For Each Excel Row Activity. It will repeat the same action for row 2 until last row in question.

Please see this video to learn more about looping rows and columns in Excel.

Best regards
Mahmoud

1 Like

What to do if I want to enter 6 row data into web form and save it and again enter data for next 6 rows and again save. Thus looping this to the last of the row.
Thank you.