How to login to website by using excel input for credentials

excel
studio

@Sob sorry my bad pls check nowMain.xaml (9.5 KB)

@Hemanttt

you didn’t mention anything in the selector . you need to capture the website ,Then you have to pass variables.

So , As per Indra , You can do your foundation training in the uipath academy, You can find many examples and videos in the academy. Make use of that :slight_smile:

@Sob
yeah sure thanks for advice.

As per ur guidence, I did capture the website but still it is giving same error. pls check update xaml file.Main.xaml (9.8 KB)

@Hemanttt Check attached file its working up to entering email after that i am not getting access to continue

Main.xaml (12.1 KB)

@indra @Sob

Hi Indra, Thanks for edit the coding by adding try catch blocks. It is working finr until the email address. Here’s the situation once email address enter and need to click the login button then only it will go to other page where i have provide the username and password. I think it is giving the error

Type into ‘chrome.exe Chrome’ : Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ",

i think i have to press the click any sugg for how to click the login button

@Sob @indra i got it finally. Thanks guys for guide me till now and thanks for ur patience.

@Sob @indra Can uipath supports dropdown box and select value in that ?

@Sob can u pls suggest me how to do click on drop down box and select the value

Hi Hemanttt,

Below is a tutorial that may prove useful for you.

There is also good information on the following thread:

One of the most beneficial things I did to boost my understanding on the UiPath tool was complete the foundation training. There is a lot of great information in the training!

@indra @Sob

Hi guys,

returning to this thread because I am still stuck!! Please can you halp!

I have attached my XAML file. I need the robot to open the web portal(once, not everytime as only using one portal) copy from Column A of the excel sheet and paste it into the search box in the web portal, then hit search and then copy the resulting Date into Column c of the Excel Sheet.

Please help!! I’m trying to impress my boss here !!

Copy File Template.xaml (12.8 KB)

@Lwhite Can you attach Excel file

Hi Indra,

Attached excel file. Thanks

Copy of Liam MOT’s 1.xlsx (16.5 KB)

@Lwhite Due to security issue site as been blocked

Oh Damn. That’s happening to me now too. Can you work around this issue?

I’d appreciate any help you can give

Oh, it works if you use Google Chrome

Hi All,

@indra, @SaranyaKishore, @RupeshGonte @Sob @Tiberiu_Niculescu, @balupad14 @Djh @ClaytonM

I am new to UiPath and I am trying to test facebook using excel sheet. I am able to loop the workflow using for each row activity successfully. For the first time the application is taking input value correctly. But, second time the application is taking empty spaces and unable to login facebook. Please find attached excel sheet and workflow.

FacebookTest.xaml (21.9 KB)
TestData.xlsx (9.8 KB)

Can anyone tell me how can I loop only the search field for the second time.

I am trying to

1. open the Facebook website
  2. Enter log in credentials
  3. click on Search bar and enter text.
  4. Click on Search button to search for name.
  5. Logout. and again login with credentials, search for name and logout.

Anyone? I can’t believe that nobody else hadn’t have this issue ;(

Try this

FacebookTest.xaml (20.5 KB)

Thanks,
Prankur

Thank You @PrankurJoshi it worked :slight_smile:

I did not understood row(0) and row(1) , will it select the rows. Its not completely clear to me as it contains headers as well and which value will be picked first.It column wise.For eg.when the pointer is in row(0) which is www.gmail.com , apple and xxx. So the values will be picked in this order or ?