How to kill a process in front office?

Hi everybody,

I open this topic because I’m running a robot in front office and I would like to kill the process in the middle of the process.

I try to do F12 and nothing happens, and I don’t have the control of my mouse (the robot is using and moving it)

Do you know other methods to kill the process with a shortcut?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

@nSangui, Use Kill Process activity

https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/kill-process

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply!

However, the problem is, with this activity you program when the the process must be killed in a defined time and position into the process.

The shortcut I am looking after is a shortcut to use when spontaneously you want to kill the process in the middle of the execution, without programming, only to recover the control of the computer.

What if you looked into using Monitor Events and use Triggers to stop your process? I’m assuming that’s what you mean.

You can also look into the Parallel activity and Invoke a workflow in parallel that monitors or kills a process, but depending on what you are trying to do that may not be necessary.

Regards.

1 Like

The F12 Stop hotkey works within the Studio. Same as F5 starts a process. (would be refresh for example in a browser). So you can use ALT-TAB to quickly switch to the studio and then do F12.

You can also use debug mode to go through the process step by step.