How to keep Structed/Read Format Text?

Hi All,

So, in previous projects we got some regular Text (small or long) from any paragraph and then paste it into another box. The original Text usually has a nice format as in lines in between and all that but when copied and paste it it basically makes one single paragraph loosing its original look.

I was wondering if anyone has been successful of pasting the Text but keeping the original looking (see below)?

Any thoughts will be appreciate it!..

•Lets see this sample having some Text as its original state:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur."

•Text after being pasted:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. "

Stay Safe!

Does the same thing happen when you do a manual copy-paste? If not, maybe you can replicate the same steps in the Robot.

Hi @AndyMenon,

Well, doing it manually would past it as usual but the thing is that the activity from the Studio ‘type into’ does not have that level yet of precision. I hope I’m not wrong…

You can use Clipboard activities

Get text to fetch the text from source
Followed by Get Text from Clipboard
Followed by a Ctrl+v operation to target

1 Like

Will give a try then, thx for the idea!..