How to Integrate UiPath with ServiceNow tool?

Can you please explain me what REST access required to “Get Incident Data” from ServiceNow? What exact input I need to run this?

user with “itil” role assigned to the profile have REST api access. So, you need a user id with “itil” role.

1 Like

can any one help here, i am stuck up at the same point, i need to integrate UIPATH with SNOW,
i want the uipath work flow to be triggered when there is a ticket created in snow with a specific short description.

Hi Dineshary , i need to integrate UIPATH with SNOW,
i want the uipath work flow to be triggered when there is a ticket created in snow with a specific short description… Can you please help in this regards

Hi Kamlesh,

I think you can make use of business rules in ServiceNow. Create a rule to run when a new incident is created. Action must be to the call Orchestrator API to start your UiPath job.

Though i have not tried business rules, i think it should work in your case.

Business Rules

https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=d357b366db3cdb402b6dfb651f961917

Connector for ServiceNow -
https://go.uipath.com/component/connector-for-servicenow

Hi Dineshary,

Thank you for the information.
If we have to achieve it by using UiPath is there any process .
About Business Rule,it will solve the purpose of trigger the uipath queue. my concern is how can we get the output from UiPath to SNOW and update the Incident respectively .
I am a normal ServiceNow user can i create a business Rule or an administrator can only create the business rule

Hi @Kamlesh

Two things for your query

1. Trigger from SNOW to UiPath - Business rules is one of the option. I think it should have admin permissions.

2. Read or update SNOW from UiPath - you can use the connector for ServiceNow in UiPath Go

On the other hand, if you want to check SNOW from UiPath instead of SNOW business rules, then uipath job has to run frequently to check for any new incidents and then continue the process.

Hi @dineshary, based off your answers it looks like you’re very well versed with integrating to ServiceNow with UiPath. I was wondering if you might be able to give me some pointers as well.

My use case: ServiceNow ticket comes in with unique description makes a call to Orchestrator API to start UiPath bot (the API call to the Orchestrator also includes variable data that is necessary for the bot to complete provisioning of a user). I am stuck at this point.

I’ve been working with my ServiceNow developer a bit, but I need to understand how I will ingest the data into my bot from the API call. What function from UiPath works as an API listener? This is how the call to the orchestrator will look:

Endpoint: https://ui-path-VM/odata/Jobs/UiPath.Server.Configuration.OData.StartJobs
Method: POST
Body:
{
“startInfo”: {
“ReleaseKey”: “xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx”,
“InputArguments”: “{"NewEmployeeName": "${emp_name}", "JobTitle": "${emp_title}", "AppRole": "${silverlake_role}", "PCname": "${emp_pc_name}"}”
}
}

I am a bit lost on how I would build the workflow so that the bot will take the data from this ServiceNow API call and create variables from them for the bot to use during the provisioning process. I’ve built out the following, but I know I need to make some adjustments:

Thank you,
Z

Hello,
Here you have a video on how to Start the UiPath Process from ServiceNOW Bussines rule:

Thanks,
Cristian Negulescu

1 Like