How to Install UiPath Orchestrator as community edition

Hello,

Is there any way to install UiPath Orchestrator for learning purpose. I understand there is a community edition of UiPath Studio, but could not find UiPath Orchestrator. Please help

thanks
Rajiv

2 Likes

No, but you can use https://platform.uipath.com for testing.

@Cosin, @rajivtuli2512
Sorry, Orchestrator has support and is only for enterprise customers (does not work with CE).
If you want to test, someone from your company needs to get in touch with our sales team.

1 Like

True. For Orchestrator learning purposes you can use the Trial version of UiPath Studio, which has no functional limitations, but it has a 2 months time limit.

Lovely. Thanks a lot. that’s worked. Don’t know why i did not click on the link in the orchestrator guide given :slight_smile:
thanks

I already installed studio but was wondering if i can get Orchestrator for learning purpose. platform.uipath.com seems to be the solution. Thanks for replying

wanted to understand if the file published in orchestrator gets store in database or in a file location

Hi Lawanya,

The ones in Packages page in Orchestrator are stored either in MyGet (if you have set it in Settings - Deployment). If not, they are stored on the Orchestrator machine or another machine (this path is configurable in the web.config file, it could be on another machine if you set it this way).

In the database appears only after deploying a Process.

1 Like

thanks i got it clear that it is stores packages in physical location. if i understand it right Database will only store the reference to the path of the deployed package

Not the path, only Package name and version.

1 Like

Can https://platform.uipath.com can be used to support 10 - 50 Robots if got paid licence or its only for community support? @Cosin @badita

Hi @Gopinathsgn

Yes, it is our new way to provide multiple robots without having to set up your own infrastructure :slight_smile:
Also, I believe platform will not forward you to cloud.uipath.com, which is the main site from now on.

Small clarification.
cloud.uipath.com - this is where you can manage your Orchestrator instances (because you can have multiple if you choose to buy more robots :slight_smile: )
platform.uipath.com - this is still the place where your Orchestrator instances will be hosted, but it will no longer be one big Orchestrator with many tenants; instead, everyone gets their own instance with an address that is structured like follows:
UiPath

I decided to make it even simpler:
cloud.uipath.com → your one stop shop for all UiPath Cloud services, including your Cloud Orchestrator instances

I hope it makes things super clear now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My community edition Orchestrator instance is not at all working.

First I logged on to cloud.uipath.com where I was redirected to my orchestrator instance login Page, but I getting attached error when I enter the credentials.

I even tried to create new one, but error is still the same. Can you please help.

Thanks,
Varshini

@Varshini

Please check below thread for that 500 issue.

Error 500 when navigating to Orchestrator instance from your Cloud Account

Thank you so much!! Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hi @rajivtuli2512,

I you can’t do that on Community Edition you can check UiPath for that purpose.

I am at the partner company and this is what I got when I asked about partner licenses:
“No, we do not have now available partner licenses. If you want to test and learn to do on prem installs, you can use our trial. It is free for 60 days and you can download it from here.”

Best regards,
Dino

1 Like