How to increase the frequency of number of jobs pending in queue for time based trigger

Hi Everyone,

I have an RPA Job scheduled which runs in every 15 min but sometimes it takes more than 15 min to complete a job and another job already starts in pending status now after 30 min one job is running and another is in pending status i want a new job to be queued while the 2nd job is still pending. Can anyone help me in increasing the frequency of number of jobs pending in queue.

.Note: These both are same jobs and i want a 3rd job to be scheduled after this

• UiPath Orchestrator allows you to set priorities for your jobs. By adjusting job priorities, you can control the order in which jobs are processed.

• Higher-priority jobs will be executed before lower-priority jobs, and pending jobs with higher priority will not be blocked by pending jobs with lower priority.

• Instead of relying on a single job schedule running every 15 minutes, consider setting up multiple job schedules. For example, you can create one schedule to run jobs every 15 minutes and another to run jobs every 5 minutes.

• By having more frequent schedules, you can reduce the likelihood of having multiple jobs pending in the queue for an extended period

There’s a request to allow a setting similar that Queue Triggers have: Orchestrator - Feature request - Time Triggers - Feedback / Orchestrator - UiPath Community Forum - https://forum.uipath.com/

Before that is implemented, you would probably have to resort to some kind of workaround. Would it be feasible to check in code if extra actions are required?

Thanks for the reply but i have a single job that is going to run in every 15 min and priority will also be the same as it is the same job that is in running and pending status

If you have a single job with the same priority scheduled to run every 15 minutes, and you want to ensure that a new job is queued even when the previous one is still pending, you can achieve this by configuring your UiPath Orchestrator queue and job settings. Here’s what you can do:

1. Queue Configuration:
  • In UiPath Orchestrator, go to the queue settings for the specific queue that your job is using.
  • Increase the “Maximum Number of Pending Jobs” to a value that allows multiple jobs to be pending at the same time. This ensures that new jobs will be added to the queue, even if the previous job is still pending.
  1. Concurrent Execution:
  • Check the “Allow Concurrent Execution” option in your process configuration. This setting allows multiple instances of the same process to run concurrently. Ensure that your job’s process is configured to allow concurrent execution.
  1. Job Triggers:
  • Ensure that your job is triggered based on a recurring schedule, such as every 15 minutes. You can set up a cron expression or a trigger in Orchestrator to run the job at the desired intervals.

With these settings, you can ensure that new jobs are queued at the specified interval (every 15 minutes) even if the previous job is still pending. The “Maximum Number of Pending Jobs” setting controls how many jobs can be pending at the same time, allowing for the desired level of concurrency. This ensures that new jobs are not blocked by the pending job, and they will be added to the queue and executed when resources become available.

@anuj.shukla

1. If using queue based trigger you would have an option to increase frm orchestrator
  2. If time based trigger I dont think you have in cloud but is present in on prem…where you can change the orchestrator config

cheers