How to have program shortcut icon open script along with robot

Hi expertise,
I want to have a script that works with a specific program open when I lunch that robot with the program’s shortcut icon. Is it possible to have your robot in a icon.

I don’t understand what you mean exactly, as per my understanding, you want to run a bot on double clicking like a application? Am I right @Kuenzang?

1 Like

Hi @HareeshMR
Yes, like when i double click chrome app, it will open chrome browser, likewise I would like to have one icon, when double click it will run the robot.
So is it posible?

1 Like

Yes, We can create a executable file for one particular robot to do that task. Here is the link which helps you for this @Kuenzang

And can you let me know why don’t you use orchestrator for the same so if you click run on the robot tray, it will start executing the process?

2 Likes

Hi @HareeshMR
I am trying it to do in simple way, don’t need to login to orchestrator or go to the robot tray and run the robot.
The link you have share, i have tried that one but its giving error i have edited the path, and error says, path not found.
jscode

Have you replaced the workflow path in the vbs script I shared with your workflow path?

1 Like

Yes I did change the workflow path.

You need to provide the path of workflow file in the file @Kuenzang

Can you try that?

1 Like

Hi @HareeshMR
Yes I did that. Isn’t the workflow path given in the image correct?

You are giving the path of project.json file, I mean to give the path of xaml file you have @Kuenzang

@HareeshMR
I gave that one also. Same error

Can you please check with some other workflow and check if that is working?

1 Like

@HareeshMR
Its giving the same error sir.

That should work for sure @Kuenzang

Can you give a last try like, placing the entire project folder in some other drive except C and then provide the path

@HareeshMR
Still same issue sir :frowning:

It was really strange issue @Kuenzang

Please check if you have uipath located in this location

“C:\Users” + your username + “\AppData\Local\UiPath”

@HareeshMR
Yes it is.
The given path is correct.