How to get user press F5 in Terminal session

Please everyone solve my problem,
I use RPA for interact with AS400 by Terminal session to monitor job message.
But when job hit the message I want RPA to show the message and wait for user reply message on AS400 and Press F5. How to get the event when user Press F5?

Thanks in advance

Hi @mhon ,
If the user after pressing F5 sends a signal that changes the view on the window where the robot is to work, you can apply activities:
On Element Appear
On Image Apper
and use it in the RetryScope loop if it requires waiting for a human response - You will need the Microsoft.Activities package to install because there is so 'Is True' and 'Is False' activity used by Retry Scope as the exit condition from the loop.

I try to do as your suggestion but it’s not work. RPA cannot get event when user press F5. Did I set somethings wrong about on Event appear properties?

Are you using terminal activities?

@mhon - Use Terminal activities under the package UiPath.Terminal.Activities and Use Send Control Key from these packages to achieve this. But for this you need to use create a terminal session through UiPath only.

Best!!
Anmol

Do you means that using Send control key in “on event appears” ?

Yes Sir,

So are you using Send Control Key ryt?

No I am talking about the activites under Terminal Activites package. Please take a look into that.

I try to monitor if status of job “ME3518CL” = ‘MSGW’ by using Dowhile Loop vJob = ’ ’ (vJob is string variable) for checking
if jobstatus = ’ ’ then move vJob = “OK”
Else I will waiting until user reply message on AS400 but I don’t know how to using terminal session activities to get the user action . Please suggest me how to do

for edit
if jobstatus = ’ ’ then move vJob = “OK”
Else I will waiting until user reply message on AS400 or terminal sseion still on this stage not session timeout.But I don’t know how to using terminal sessionto get the user action . Please suggest me how to do

You can use Get Text At Position AND wait until you get that message at specific location
For F5 you can use Send Control Key in that use F5