How to get the selector string from an object repository element?

Hi, question about Object Repository elements, is it possibile to extract the selector string from an object repository element?

Hi @Michele_Oliva

Welcome to UiPath community

Have a look on the docs

Regards
Gokul

HI @Gokul001, thanks a lot for your answer

Sorry, but I couldn’t find the answer to my question in the documentation, could you be more specific?

Regards,
Michele

Hi @Michele_Oliva ,

Could you let us know what exactly is the requirement ? or how do you need the Selector from the Descriptor elements ?

In cases, if you are using the element in the activities such as Type Into and Click (Modern Design), we have Output Element property, from where we should be able to access the Selector like shown below :

Let us know if this is not what you were looking for and give a bit more detail about the requirement.

1 Like

Hi @supermanPunch, thank you very much for your reply.

There is a common component that uses non-modern ui activities and to which I need to pass a string of the specific page selector to use. The solution you proposed fits my needs: using the “Use application/browser” activity we can also access the page selector as you showed.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.