How to change the output format of an ODBC query to the American format?
Issue Description: Need to change the output format from one format into the American format.
- Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, then click Environment Variables.
- In User Variables and System Variables, check if there is a variable named NLS_LANG.
- If there is an NLS_LANG variable, highlight it and click Edit.
- Set the variable value to UTF8; for example, AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8
- If NLS_LANG environment variable is not present, change the registry settings:
- Click Start, then Run
- In the Run window, enter Regedit and click OK
- Locate one of the following registry key entries:
- where x is the unique number identifying the Oracle home
- Add a new key named NLS_LANG with a value including UTF8;
- Set the variable in this format: NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8