Thanks for the easy to use package, but would also like to share our experience using it.
We did use the package to get the current worfklow name in our library workflows. Turns out that, when the library is built and imported into a REFramework things dont work out.
Tldr: Alphabet Package checks for the workflow being run on runtime and not the workflow you actually wanted to log. This occurs when using the “Get xaml file name” activity in a library acitivity and when consuming the activity in a REFramework.
- Create a library: Library_x --> Dependencies --> Alphabet Workflow Activities
- In the library_x created workflow “Add.xaml” - Placed a “Get xaml file name” activity. And log message.
- Test: Works as expected. Returns the current workflow name i.e., “Add”.
- Build the library_x.nupkg
- Import library.nupkg and use in REFramework
- Used the library_x activity “Add” in the “Process.xaml” in REFramework.
- When the REFramework is run the logs show “Prosess” as file name instead of “Add” (which is where the “Get xaml file name” resides).
Our current solution to get the filename:
In the end, we had to uninstall Alphabet and update 40 workflows manually. Out approach was to go to the basics and hardcode the filename.
Assign —>out_ThisFileName = “CurrentFileName.xaml”