How to get results after each activity is executed in a workflow and put them in excel

HI All,

Everytime we execute workflow, i would like to track and save the pass/fail result of each activity n excel sheet…Could you please suggest on this.

@Harika_Evani,

Welcome back to the community

Instead of writing into excel you can have a text file log for the same.

1 Like

Hi Harika,

In general logic , if any activity gets fails , the Tool will not execute the next activity until unless you bypass the Exception
so you can write the Exception log to Excel file whenever an activity gets faulted

1 Like

Oh okay, what activity should i use for that?

1 Like

Hi
welcome back to uipath community
yah thats possible
–create a datatable with BUILD DATATABLE activity with one column mentioned as status and get the output with a variable of type datatable named finaldt
–followed by this use clear datatable activity and pass finaldt as input
–this should be created in the beginning of the process
–atlast in the process use, ADD DATAROW activity and mention the arrayrow property as
{“Pass”} and in datatable mention as finaldt
–then we can use write range activity and mention the input datatable as finaldt and enable add headers property so that it will write that to a excel

Cheers @Harika_Evani

1 Like

@Harika_Evani,

You can use Append Line activity, as @vinay_reddy mentioned you will see the log till the success activity, if something failed then you can see the exception part only.

Untitled

1 Like

Sure… I will try this. I have many workflows invoked in main workflow… will this work for that as well?

1 Like

yah it would of course
kindly try and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Harika_Evani

1 Like