How to get Published Templates to Show Up?

I have created Templates (both by extracting a regular process, and by creating a new Template), published them to Orchestrator (Automation Cloud), and I can see the packages for them in Automation Cloud under Libraries. How do I get Studio to “see” these Templates, so that I can use them to build new automations?

When I try to start a project from a Template, the only ones displayed are the “built-in” ones. When I change the selector to “Orchestrator” it just says “no template found”. How do I get Studio to actually look at my Orchestrator package feed? What value should be in Settings/Locations for Publish project templates URL? I’ve tried putting my Orchestrator URL in there, but it makes no difference.

1 Like

Hello @Bill_Richardson!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Similar problem here. I did published templates to Orchestrator but only shows up for the user that has published it (I would expect all users to see it in Studio).

Tried to check Governance File and Package Feed Sources and there is nothing wrong there.

@Bill_Richardson did you get to a solution?

@rdgagp , Yes. I eventually got this to work. In working with support, it appeared to be some kind of communication issue with Studio and the Orchestrator cloud. Often, if I just restarted Studio, the templates would show up. I haven’t seen the issue at all since updating to 21.10.

I can confirm that I also had weird issues with templates, and we use on-prem Orchestrator…but I haven’t seen any issues for a while.

Hello @Bill_Richardson ,

I am facing the same error of templates not showing up in Studio after updating the libraries in the Orchestrator. The studio version which we are using is 2022.4.3.
Can someone look into this issue and provide me with a solution?
Your help is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

@Forum_Staff

I am facing same issue here for Version 2021.10.5.

Published the template to orchestrator, updated Settings → Deployment → Libraries → Only Tenant feeds

After publishing, I could see the template but once I try to open, it shows it is not available would you like to remove it from recent list (something like that)?

I can see it in the Orchestrator Packages → Library

I want the template to be available to all users, please help.

Hi @Bill_Richardson

In UiPath Studio there is a tab called manage packages in the ribbon tab. Select all packages and search the library name that you published to the orchestrator. It displays the library hit on it. Install and save the package then you can use the templates.

In Object Repository Panel it shows the library that you installed. You can drag and drop the templates that you want to use in the designer panel.

Hope it helps!!

@mkankatala , It wasn’t an issue with Manage Packages, etc. It was some sort of bug in the 2021 and maybe 2022 versions of Studio that made the templates not show up.

I haven’t seen an issue with this in well over a year.