How to get multiple row text from web and write in an excel file?

Hi,

I want to read multiple value from website and write it into excel file. Is it possible to perform such action?

If possible Please share the screen shot of website…and value…

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

Yes its possible

you can use get Text activity for extracting some text from Website
and by using write range or write cell activity you can write those into excel

Hope this may help to solve your issue
Mark as solution if this helps you and like it :innocent:

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

Use get text activity or use data scrapping for extract value…

As there are more than 1 row how can I get that value? And row may differ based on the search value. Can you help me with that.

I have used get text activity and can get the data for one time but there are more than 1 row. Row may vary based on the searched value.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

The thing you are trying to tell i am just visualising and telling you the possible ways.
Until and unless i wont see some actual thing i will tell you the things i have gone through in my experience.

See

1. if it is a structed data on the site from where you want to extract some data then you can use Data scrapping.
  2. as you have said that row may vary so based on some relative element you have to extract that particular data from dynamic row

If you show in the way of Screenshot then it may be possible for me to give you exact solution.
Hope this help you

Best Regards

@Pratik_Wavhal @Shubham_Akole Let me arrange some screenshot so that it will help you to understand better.

Can you please explain me more about relative element.

UI path forum

I have searched some value and got this result in one of the section in the page. Here I am able to extract one value with get text activity but there is more than one row so how can I get the other value too. Name starting with A is the value that I wan’t to fetch. I hope you are able to understand my concern.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

So as per above Screenshot you searched for Something naming which start from “Ka” right ??
And based on that you got those below two values which starts with “AH” & “AJ” right ??

The above is the thing you are telling right ??

Best Regards

Starting with “KA” is the section name and not the searched parameter. Searched parameters are different. Searched parameter contains different number and based on that such type of result gets searched in “KA” section.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

Ok

So in this scenario Data Scrapping should work as per my experience.
Just try it once.

Best Regards

Hello @Pratik_Wavhal

I have tried through data scrapping but I am not able to write the extracted data in an Excel File. Can you please provide suggestion overhere.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

Step to be followed :-

1. Data scrapping you must have done from that you will get one datatable variable
  2. Take Write Range Activity of Workbook and pass that Datatable into it. Give the essential parameters in properties.

The above steps are only required for writing the data to excel from extracted data from web by using data scrapping.

Best Regards

Steps to be done:
1.Read data from excel file.
2.Search the readed data in web.
3.Extract the data and write it in the excel file .

I get below error while doing these.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

Are you writing the data in 3rd step to the same excel ??

Best Regards

Yes.

Hi @VIDIT_ZALA

So instead of write range activity in the 3rd step you must use append range activity der.

This might solves your error.

Best Regards

Still not working bro.