How to get information in File Properties

Hi, im newbie and i want to ask how can get the information in properties >details tab in files? anyone can help me?thanks you.

@Bin_Bin
welcome to the forum

have a look here and give a try

thanks, and how to take information tag? comment? title?..on specific file ? what the activity can do that? and save in string varias.

Assign:

string_var= “path to the file”
file_var (fileInfo type) = new System.IO.FileInfo(string_var)

Then you can get different properities of that file by calling it in for.ex. write line:

file_var. (And press ctrl+space)

Choose and test between different properties. You can print them in write line by converting those by .ToString method

1 Like

Hello @Bin_Bin

Can you try the Grt file info activity.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks you, i will try it.

Vào 20:56, CN, 10 Th7, 2022 Jakub Swiderski via UiPath Community Forum <notifications@uipath.discoursemail.com> đã viết:

Thanks, its can be get comment and tag of file?

Vào 22:48, CN, 10 Th7, 2022 Rahul Unnikrishnan via UiPath Community Forum <notifications@uipath.discoursemail.com> đã viết:

Hey!

We can get the details one by one… But we can’t get all the info at a time…

Try like this:

new System.IO.FileInfo("FilePath").LastAccessTime.ToString

Reference:

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

thanks,i want to get “Comment” and “Tag” field. Is it could do?

Hey!

What kind of file you’re dealing with?

Regards,
NaNi

ideal with mp4 file example , its properties have tab detail, and have many field as Comment, tag…

thank, but i have not find the way to find info about tag, title, comment…, can you help me?

Did you tried with Get file info activity??

Yes, i have tried, and dont see tag or comment field

Vào 01:05, CN, 17 Th7, 2022 Rahul Unnikrishnan via UiPath Community Forum <notifications@uipath.discoursemail.com> đã viết: