How to get emails from inbox folder in a shared mailbox using robot's account

I had the same issue. In order to overcome it, I performed the steps below.

1. Removed the shared mailbox from my profile.
  2. Added the account of the shared mailbox instead.
  3. The account name of the shared mailbox goes in the “Account” parameter of the ‘Get Outlook Mail Messages’ activity.
  4. The folder path is whatever you want it to be of that account such as “Inbox\MyFolder”
  5. Be careful with the account name because it is case sensitive. It needs to be exactly what it is in ‘Data File Properties’. Right click the account and click ‘Data File Properties’ to see what it is listed as.
  6. As an example, I had to change my email address from ‘sampleemail@mycompany.com’ to ‘SampleEmail@mycompany.com’ before the activity started working.

After the account of the shared mailbox was added to my Outlook profile instead of adding the shared mailbox, the activity started working consistently.

A drawback of this is that you need the password for the shared mailbox in order to add the account to your outlook profile.

It ended up working out well for me though because our server has a version of windows that does not continually prompt you for the user name and password of the shared mailbox account. I just had to enter it once and it doesn’t prompt me again, so far.

1 Like