How to get corresponding name

Hello guys

I need to get the Name for corresponding repeating policy from the sheet (Iam using REFRAMEWORK)

EG

If the transaction item is “P-100-7101-2022-254” it should get the 3 names Like "Saori , Cris etc…

The name is entering in a field by RPA.

And the next transaction item is “P-100-7101-2021-340” it should get the 4 names Like "Z, Cris etc…

@Gokul_Murali

for that you need to pass the datatable argument into the process state and use this expression

string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals("P-100-7101-2022-254”)).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)
string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)

in_transactionItem is the your input argument

Hi @Gokul_Murali

You can use filter datatable activity in this use column name as “Policy Reference” and Value as your in_transactionItem variable then you will get filtered column with the values in Dt_Output datatable

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

How do i use this

in an assign activity?

@Gokul_Murali

yes you can use it in assign activity

output is string datatype

outputstr=string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)

if you want to get it in an array use this

arr_values=dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray

@Shiva_Nikhil

you don’t get my requirement (Thats not my requirement).

Here when RPA enters 2nd transaction data it is “P-100-7101-2022-254” so it should get all the name with same policy reference

@Gokul_Murali

you will get all the names

check with this once

you can make dynamic by replacing the number with variable or argument

outputstr=string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals("P-100-7101-2022-254”).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)

@Shiva_Nikhil

So, you are telling that if there are 5 same policy i will get the corresponding 5 names right.

Iam getting an error like this while using the exprn.

And the datatype is String i used.

@Gokul_Murali

use this in the value expression and outputstr is the sample variable i have used it should be on right

string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals("P-100-7101-2022-254”).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)

@Shiva_Nikhil

I have used this expression

arr_values=dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray

–>And made changes like this of string data type

dtTransactionData.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals((in_transactionitem(“Policy Reference”).ToString).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray

Still iam getting error like this

@Gokul_Murali

you have used extra brackets after equals please check it

it is of array of string

dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem("Policy Reference").tostring).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray

if you use below the datatype is of string

string.join(",",dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals("P-100-7101-2022-254”).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToArray)

@Shiva_Nikhil

See still iam getting the same error

@Gokul_Murali

you need to convert it to list

if you are using list of string

dt1.AsEnumerable.where(Function(a) a(1).ToString.trim.Equals(in_transactionItem("Policy Reference").tostring)).Select(Function(a) a(0).ToString.Trim).ToList

@Shiva_Nikhil

Still same

@Shiva_Nikhil

I have replaced with a variable called data of datatype string still iam getting the same error

@Gokul_Murali

usually if you want to print the list you need to use this

String.join(",",OutArr)

Hi @Gokul_Murali

Here is how you can implement this logic within the “Process Transaction” state:

’ This is assuming transactionItem is a string containing the policy reference.
’ e.g., transactionItem = “P-100-7101-2022-254”
matchingNames As List(Of String) = dtPolicies.AsEnumerable().
Where(Function(row) row(“Policy Reference”).ToString.Equals(transactionItem.ToString)).
Select(Function(row) row(“Name”).ToString).
Distinct(). ’ Use Distinct if you want to avoid duplicate names.
ToList()

’ Now matchingNames contains all the names for the given policy reference.
’ You would then enter these names one by one into the required field.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.