How to get a specific value by comparing 1 datatable to a datarow

Hello,

For a project using the REFramework, I have a TransactionItem which is of type datarow.
The row in question comes from a datatable which contains 2 columns: “ID” & “Date”.

The issue is that the ID column contains the first letter of the first name a dot and then the last name while, I’m just looking to get the Firstname. I have another excel file which contains the columns “FirstName” & “ID”.

So what I’m trying to do is to get the FirstName from the excel file for the row where the “ID” is equal to TransactionItem(“ID”).

I’ve tried a couple of things so far but nothing worked so far and I’m getting really confused any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Louis

Does the ‘ID’ column in the excel table match the same format as the datatable?

Yes, it’s exactly the same

Could/have you tried:

%excelSheetVariable%(row("ID")).Equals(TransactionItem("ID").ToString)

in an ‘If’ activity?

I have tried doing something similar, using your example is the %excelSheetVariable% the output datatable from the read excel file? (this is what I used)

And in that case I get an error message because ‘row’ is not declared.

Sorry for the delayed response.

The above snippet should be placed within a ‘For each row’ activity, that takes input from an Excel ‘Read range’ activity.

No problem, I’m grateful for the help :slight_smile:

I tried doing that before and got the error “Option strict on disallows implicit conversions from ‘object’ to ‘integer’”.

I was quite surprised by this error message as I don’t see any integer value in the flow.

Could you post a screenshot of your workflow thus far?

@LPlissart - You may need to add a method to the object. Lets say your row object (variable) is called “xRow”

Might be something like this:

CInt(xRow.SpecificContent.Item(“ID”).ToString)

This example was for a “QueueItem” variable type, but, the concept remains the same = you need to access the text “inside” the object.