How to find details on Runtime execution error

Hi, I am building my first RPA and not sure how to work through the part caused the error so I can try to solve. I have pasted the info below. Thanks for any help! It is extracting text from an email, putting into excel and then entering data into an application (still working on the steps for the last piece).

19.12.0-beta.61+Branch.release-v2019.12.0.Sha.c5ef64a84dd6be2c140a75da8fd036824faab942

Exception Type: UiPath.Excel.ExcelException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: The range does not exist. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to get the Text property of the WorksheetFunction class
at System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Object , String )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , WorksheetFunction , Object , String )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at UiPath.Excel.RangeExtensionMethods.<>c__DisplayClass3_2.b__0()
at UiPath.Excel.ExcelApplicationExtensionMethods.TryExecuteAction(Action actionToExecuteWhenReady)
at UiPath.Excel.ExcelApplicationExtensionMethods.ExecuteInReadyState(Application app, Action actionToExecuteWhenReady, Int64 timeoutMilliseconds)
at UiPath.Excel.RangeExtensionMethods.UserFriendlyText(Range cell, Int64 timeoutMilliseconds)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookMetadataOperations.ReadCellWithMetadata[T](String cellAddress, Int32 rowOffset, Int32 colOffset)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookMetadataOperations.ReadCellWithMetadata[T](String cellAddress, Int32 rowOffset, Int32 colOffset)
at UiPath.Excel.CellIndexer.get_Item(String range, Int32 rowOffset)
at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity) at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Hi welcome to the community!
Is this really StudioX or regular one? Did you check that excel for the range you are trying to read?

It is the free community cloud version I downloaded from the website this morning. How do I determine which range it is trying to read? I am using the template that was referenced in this tutorial:

oh, so maybe you did not follow the right steps there, maybe this part:

Is there a way to see exactly which range it is looking for? Does it mean a range of excel cells it is looking for?

Yes, that is what the error means… that could be like “c1:c2” or a table name, named range… or even a lower problem like cant find the whole sheet…

Hello,

Unfortunatelly range does not exist was a little general and ambigous error in 19.12 on which we worked a little for the future releases.
Can you please give more details as how/what activities do you used in the workflow?
I’m guessing that the error popsup when you write in the excel. How did you try to write ?
Thanks!