How to filter messages in Get outlook mail messages

hey @Haritha

This link will be helpful for you:

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Hi @aksh1yadav
Then what is the use of “Filter” property in Get Outlook Mail Message activity. Could you please provide any solution by using filter option to filter mails based on received date.

Thanks,
Haritha

Hey @Haritha

Filter - A string used as a filter for the messages to be retrieved.

It’s almost impossible to match exactly a date value like that. Usually we use a combination of > dateX and < dateY to get items within a specific time frame.

Example - outlook_filter_received_date.xaml (6.3 KB)

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Hi @aksh1yadav

Even if I have many mails on that particular time span, it retrieves only one mail.
I’ve used many possible combinations to get mails on a received date… but i’m getting only one mail for all scenarios.

Thanks,
Haritha

Have you tried my example it is giving all todays mails date to you? For
me it is.

@aksh1yadav
Yes. I have tried the xaml you provide. I’m getting only one mail even if I have so many mails today

Well i have checked for me and on of my friend also it is working fine and getting all today mails date.
Please check it your side. its properties or something if you have changed or that mail check with yesterday?

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi,

This information is helpful. I tried the same thing with “[received]= ‘Last Month’” but it was not working. Rest all is working fine. Probably this is not working because “received” accepts in date format.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

did you try this way

Random Day :"[ReceivedTime] >= '05/01/2017' AND [ReceivedTime] <= '05/31/2017 23:59:59'"

4 Likes

Hey - helpful post, thanks @vvaidya

A quick question - do you know how to sort a list of email messages in ascending order (emails received furthest in the past/oldest date at the top of the list)?

Thanks

Hello,
I’m trying to filter emails by several keywords.
Can I use the Filter Email property for this?
From what I’ve seen, in order for Filter Email to return a result it has to be 100% match. Is there a way to loosen up that restriction, like how in outlook when you filter by a certain word it returns all emails containing that word

Filter on Get Outlook Mail Messages is working with below lines(Subject and ReceivedDateTime)

“@SQL=”“http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x0037001f”" like ‘%SubjectFilterValue%’ And ““http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x0E060040"” >= '”+Date.Now.Date.AddDays(-2).ToString(“yyyy/MM/dd”)+“'”

2 Likes

i want to put both the conditions , i.e i want to filter my messages based on two conditions like
“[subject]=‘Uipath demo’”

“[From]=‘Uipath Helpdesk’”.
right now i am putting it like this

“[subject]=‘Uipath demo’ && [From]=‘Uipath Helpdesk’”

but it is giving error please tell me the correct syntax to filter emails based on two conditions

@vandanaYadav based on @vvaidya’s suggestion, you should replace “&&” with “and”, so your syntax would be: “[subject]=‘UiPath demo’ and [From]=‘UiPath Helpdesk’”

How this works? Can i use variable on my filter. Example: “[Subject]” like ‘% " + CustomerName + "%’ "

Hi - I am trying to create an activity workflow which will accept a list of outlook messages and then output an enumerable list based on a filter - say date. the problem is that when I try to get the output from the ‘invoke workflow file’ - I get the error ‘Object Disposed Exception’. Is there a limitation as to what type of objects can be output from invoke workflow file activity?GetMailMessagesFilteredByDate.xaml (8.1 KB)
testing.xaml (19.5 KB)

Hi all,

I want to use mail subject condition in Flow Decision , and capture date and attachment name

please help with some sample or link of related post.

Rgds
Aditi

Hi All,

I want to filter only those emails sent to a particular mail id or having some particular email id in Cc. Can we filter only these emails using Uipath…??

Does anybody know if there’s a list of available “fields” to be searched in the Filter property in “get outlook mail” activity?

Br
Cris

Found it. Maybe others are looking for the properties too - See properties. Here they are:

1 Like