How to extract the digits from the string

Try this regex pattern
[ -]?[0-9]\d*(.[0-9]\d*)?
Remove the space present in the square brackets.

1 Like

Its working.Thank you

1 Like

Hello
I have a range value range = A1:F1658
and I want only 1658.
I use to get only numberic value but it gave me 11658

Getting error…

Matches is not a member function of RegularExpressions

Hi @Tech_Guru

I think it should be:

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(inputstring,"[0-9]\d*(.[0-9]\d+)?")(0).ToString
5 Likes

I am trying to find if a file name contains a year inside it. Basically I am putting the file names in an array, and using “for each” to find if a file name has a 4 digit sequence that is more than 2000.
The problem is I can’t seem to find the right activities to do this. For example: The file name is “invoice2 2015” how can I make my sequence find 2015 - then do a specific action? Also if a file name is “invoice2 215” it should not do any action (basically it will go to the else side of the if statement)

Hi @mhnghali84,

Welcome to the UiPath Forum

Simply get your file name as String and pass that into a Regex Match method
Regex.Match() this will give you the matching year or otherwise use Regex.IsMatch() this will return you a Boolean value

Regex Pattern goes like:- (\d{4}) this will match 4 digit sequence or for more than 2000 you can use like this way ([2-9]{1}[0-9]{2}[1-9]{1}) this will match from 2001 to above years

Note: to use Regex you need to add the following namespace in imports in UiPath if you are using assign activities otherwise you can directly use Match Activity
System.Text.RegularExpression

Happy Automation

3 Likes

Than you very much @SamanGuruge! that did work thank you for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it work can you please make it as answer. it will help others to resolve the same issue that face by you😉

can you please tell which datatype variable can be used?

Hello All, i have a captcha question saved as a string, need to extract the digits to find solution for different questions. Can someone help for regular expression method, thanks!

sample captcha string: str= “Which is the greatest No. ? 9,28,6 =”

where do I put that code? I have a “for each folder in folder” tool, I would like to extract the digits out of the names of the folders. then I have :add data row" tool so I can put it into excel.

U can use a variable with type system.collections.ienumerable
Eg
Vardigi=567 sawq
Num=System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(Vardigi.ToString,“\D”,“”)

Output is 567