How to extract specific data from excel column and write the extracted data into another column of same excel file

uiautomation
uipath

@aksh1yadav @Rahul

Book1.xlsx (8.1 KB)
I want to extract specific data from excel column and then i wanted to write the extracted
data into another column of same excel file.For example in excel file i am creating two column
with name STATUS and SUMMARY.STATUS Column i am using for input data and SUMMARY column
store the extracted data from STATUS column.In STATUS column i have data like "Decument No. 1234 created"
then i wanted to write only 1234 from STATUS coumn in SUMMARY Column.For reference i am
attaching my xls file.How to extract specific data from status column and write into
summary column as i am writting in attached excel file.

Hi @Rahul_Raj

Read the column value using Read Cell activity.Then You can use Substring activity to extract the required data from the text , in case you cant define the exact position where the extraction to be done ,you can use SplitString activity to split the text with delimiters and you can fetch required data.[quote]
write into summary column as i am writting in attached excel file.
[/quote]
Use Write Cell activity to write it in the required cell.

For performing this action for range of values you can copy the worksheet values into a data table and loop the action using for each row activity.

@ranjith can you please share the xaml file for this.?

@ranjith @aksh1yadav @Rahul I have extracted “1234” from “Decument No. 1234 created” statement and printing “1234” in write line activity. How to extract “Invalid posting date” from “Invalid posting date (can’t post document in future date)” statement and write extracted data i.e Invalid posting date into summary column of same file .
For reference i am attaching xaml file.Extractdata.zip (8.1 KB)

Hi @Rahul_Raj,

Please try with the attached xaml.Main.xaml (13.0 KB)

Use the Assign activity to write the value into datatable then export Dt to excel at the end.

Regards,
Rahul

@Rahul Thanks a lot it’s working fine for me.
To write the value of extracted data in same xsl file of “summary” column i am using write cell activity inside the Excel application scope.In the properties of write cell activity,in range field i am giving “B3”,in sheetname field i am giving “Sheet1” and in value field i am passing the “output” variable(which store extracted data) working fine.is it standard method to complete this work?

when more input data then have i write multiple write cell for each input data.Is it right method?

Excel Queries