How to extract particular data from a multiple pdf that have multiple pages using anchor base,find element,get text?

@Nithish_kumar Getting data from an anchor base somehow it’s a little bit difficult. To get exact data we need to spend too many hours on anchor based. To set AnchorPosition find the exact location of an anchor that you have selected otherwise put it as Auto because some format of PDF files are able to extract data in Auto position but some format needs to be set exact AnchorPosition.

I hope this information will help you to get your output.

Regards, Thanks

@Vrushali_Gave Yeah you are right for some we need to give position as auto but here I have tried with auto and also with top but the required data is not fetched.

Thanks for your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Nithish_kumar Can you share any one of invoice?

@Vrushali_Gave Sorry I am not suppose to share those files but any invoice bill with multiple pages will do the work. I can implement the same here in my workflow.

@Nithish_kumar Take help from this workflow. I hope this will help you.

Dummy.xaml (34.7 KB)

Regards,

@Vrushali_Gave I have done the same workflow but if you see in this workflow the selected text is displayed in the activity.
But check my photo I have share above the pdf’s name is showing ‘Siemens’

@Nithish_kumar Yes you are right it’s showing ‘Siemens’ instead of ‘Purchase Order’

@Nithish_kumar Have you done the settings of adobe reader?
If not then click on edit->go to preference ->click on Reading->Make sure your settings are like the below-mentioned Screenshot.

pdfsettingForum

Now,
Click on Accessibility → Make you’re the two checkboxes should be checked as per below mentioned.

@Vrushali_Gave Yeah I have done the following changes before executing. But still not working.

1 Like

@Nithish_kumar Then do work on anchor base and try to find the anchor position :sweat_smile:
Regards,

yeah as already said tried with top and auto. :sweat_smile: let me try.

@Vrushali_Gave @Latika10011740 @Steven_McKeering Thank you all for your help. The pdf I was working with is not compatible with anchor base. So planned to go with regex and its done.

3 Likes

good bro.regex or string manipulation is better option here i think.