How to extract data from multiple file

Hello,

I have a multiple text file and I want to read all the files per line and extract a specific column and display all the output.

sample line inside the file: “123456789 1122334455”

Thanks

1 Like

can i see the sample txt file??
@Mark_John_Lumapas

I would like to specifically extract the value of column 19 (4) and output it in the new text file. I can’t attach the sample file due to I’m a new user here.

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv,

Would to follow up if you have something that will help on the concern? I’m thinking to use substring but I’m having error "start index cannot be larger than the length

1 Like

sorry quite busy!
so from this sample what you want to extract?

I would like to extract the value of Column 19 which is number 4.

HI @Pradeep_Shiv,

Sorry to bother you. I just want to know if you can help me with this topic?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Mark_John_Lumapas,

Let me get this right, you just want to extract the 19th letter/number from the string? The error that you are getting happens when your index value is greater than the length of the string, meaning you are trying to find a letter in a position which does not exist. If what i understood is correct the following should work for you:
“data.ToString.Substring(18,1)”.
I just tried to extract the letter/number in the 19th position using input string as “123456789 abcdefghij” and got result as “i”.

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Hey @ShubhangiPurohit
As suggested by @Mark_John_Lumapas it’ll work !

go through this!
Cheers

Ok thanks it works. However how will i do if i want to read and output all the line 19th position in the folder with multiple text file?