How to establish communication between two packages?

How to establish communication between two packages

a.	How we can share workflows across different packages ?

b.	For an example, Consider following use case
                   i.	Package1.nupkg contains PackDoThis.xaml
                  ii.	Package2.nupkg contains PackDoThat.xaml
                 iii.	And at run time we want to call Package2.nupkg-PackDoThis.xaml inside Package1.nupkg-PackDoThat.xaml

1 Like

Try to invoke Flowchart on Package1. Remember use arguments in and out to comunicate them.

Regards.

1 Like

We have activities like “InvokeWorkflowInteractive” and “InvokeWorkflowFile” to call external\other workflow with some In/Out Arguments.

But It seem that these activities are tightly coupled with physical location of workflow’s .xaml file.

Then we have performed following experiment :

1. Publish and package both projects. And run the process. - Here it worked fine (Using activity “InvokeWorkflowInteractive”, we were able to establish desired communication.
    )
  2. Publish and package both projects. After Packaging changed the physical location of .xaml files. - Here it failed.

I think that you can’t move these flowcharts, anytime.

This is a feature that will be included in the 2017.1 version.

Till then one solution is to use a network folder shared across:

• developers
  • robots
    and run workflows from there.
2 Likes

Hi, has this feature been included in the 2017.1 version released today - can not find it ?

I cannot find it either. Big disappointment. Lots of talk and no action.

Feature not available in 2017.1. Using a networked folder or making a copied defeats the purpose of shared library of workflow/sequences.
can you advise on a release date?

Hi Badita,

Still no sign, can you advise please?

Cheers,
Josh

For anybody else looking for a response to this, got the following back from support;

Blockquote

Hi Josh,

Thank you for contacting UiPath.

This feature is already on our roadmap and this feature will be included in our future releases. please subscribe to our release notes to keep posted.

As a workaround, you can try the approach given in that forum link

"Till then one solution is to use a network folder shared across:

developers

robots
and run workflows from there."

This is the library feature that should come out soon.