How to enable Windows authentication in Orchestrator after installation?
Windows authentication allows Orchestrator users to use Windows authentication to login into Orchestrator.
Additionally, once configured, it can also allow users to be imported from the active directory configuration.
The steps to enable Windows authentication are available at Windows Authentication and a copy of the same are also given below. These steps are to be done post the installation of Orchestrator. If the installation is yet to be done, the Windows authentication can also be enabled via the Orchestrator MSI installer as explained here .
To enable Windows Authentication in Orchestrator post installation, perform the following actions:
- Open IIS (Internet Information Services Manager)
- In the Connections section, navigate to the UiPath Orchestrator site. The Features View panel is updated accordingly
- Double-click Authentication. The Features View section is updated accordingly!(upload://aDNegz3uK0cwEZJHyvCKzHLTEbf.png)
- Select the Windows Authentication option and, in the Actions section, click Enable. Windows authentication is now enabled for the UiPath Orchestrator site
- Make sure that the ASP.NET Impersonation option is Disabled
- In the Connections panel, navigate to the Orchestrator Server Node. The Features View is updated accordingly
- In the Management section, double-click Configuration Editor. The Features View is updated accordingly
- In the Section drop-down list, navigate to
system.webServer/httpErrors. The Features View is updated accordingly!(upload://clAL3tkSTHvII9cfa6eUVHhp1oI.png)
- In the Actions panel, click Unlock Section. If the section is not locked, skip this step
- Select the
defaultPathattribute and click Unlock Attribute in the Actions panel
- Close IIS
- Open the
- Set the
- In the
WindowsAuth.Domainparameter, enter the Windows domain that the AD group is in.
- Save the
- Import your AD users as explained here .