How to disable UiPath from stealing the display focus in virtual desktop (Windows 10)

I’m running a UiPath automation on another virtual desktop (‘Desktop #2’) so that I can keep working on the first desktop (‘Desktop #1’).

(Use Ctrl+Win+D to create a new virtual desktop. Use Ctrl+Win+[Left/Righ]Arrow to switch between the virtual desktops).

The problem is:
When the automation executes any activity (such as Click, Type in to, Select, etc.) it steals the display focus and causes an auto switch of the display to the ‘Desktop #2’ (where the UiPath is running).

Q: How can I disable this auto switch between virtual desktops?

@Udiar
Try to use Simulate Click and simulate type Which can enable in its Properties

Hello @Udiar ,

It seems that you are using a RPA process on virtual desktop (‘Desktop #2’) as a background process.

As per UiPath’s specifications we have:

A background process doesn’t need to interact with UI elements on the screen but rather relies on background processes to pass along information.

Source: https://docs.uipath.com/robot/docs/background-process-automation

In conclusion, activities such as such as Click, Type in to cannot be processed by your PC in parallel.

No matter how may virtual desktops you have, only one interaction with an UI element can be performed on a machine.

Hope it helps!
Best regards,
Marius

Thank you!! Your solution works well!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.