How to delete or edit a transition from a State machine?

I created a transition to a state machine, mistakenly , but not able to edit the destination of that. There is no option to delete the transition as well.Kindly help.

I was able to delete the transition by editing file in Notepad, but there should be some way to do it thru Studio

Hi.

To delete a transition, you can delete the Line if you go to your main state machine that contains the state, just like you delete the arrow in a Flow chart.

The transitions basically are represented by the lines and go to a destination.

I hope that helps and is clear.

Regards.

5 Likes

Thanks Clayton, I tried to delete that line from the state by selecting that transition and press delete button but couldnt do so.Then I right clicked on that state, and I noticed that delete option is greyed out (as screenshot indicates)

In the image you showed, you are inside the State. Can you try doing this outside of the State? You should see the box (ie State) with the lines for each transition going to a different box.

1 Like

Got it thanks.Worked for me.I didnt notice them earlier as all 3 transition lines were overlapping .

I cannot delete the transitions line outside of the state (in the main). Neither can I delete it inside the state. The only workaround I got was deleting one of the states itself. Is there a way to do without deleting one of the states?

1 Like

@manishtrivedi
Click on transition line where you created.
then points shown to you then simply press delete key. it will delete the transition lineā€¦
iā€™m facing this kind of issue and then solve this by the method i described.
:blush:

2 Likes

@sahaa

can you please send the screenshot of it?

dear @sahaa
try this. hope it will works for you. if you canā€™t understand then i will send you the screenshots how i delete transition line.

@sahaa I was having this issue, by fluke I disconnected one of the transitions then reconnected it to the same state machine in a different spot. I was then able to delete by highlighting and pressing the delete key. Iā€™m on 2019.10.1 btw so maybe a bug?

3 Likes

@ewanc1 Also solved it this way, except I dragged the arrow to connect to another state then was able to delete. Seems this bug is still present on 2019.10.3, but that fix worksšŸ˜

2 Likes

Had the same issue with 2020.4.1 community edition when in the state machine window. But by repeatedly clicking various points along the arrow then delete it finally got rid of it, so maybe its where on the line you click?

Indeed dragging the line to an other connection (even on the same state machine) works, afterwards you can delete

1 Like

Yes. It worked.

Thank you all. I was facing this issue with the 2021.10 version of the studio worked for me also.

Here are my observations :
When you arrive on the State Machine ā€œscreenā€ (by navigating through the chart) you canā€™t delete any transitions despite the one from Start to the first state.

You have to do something (Moving box, Moving line, deleting the first linkā€¦) to be able to delete a transition by selecting it a press [Del]

If it may help. :wink:

PS : Sorry to revive this topic :slight_smile:
PS2 : I wrote this info to help the team to find a fix to the bug

4 Likes

Cannot delete a transition by clicking on the arrow and selecting if first, either. Impossible.

Had to close Studio, reopen the project, and then it worked.

This is a bug.

1 Like

That, works for me.

Thank you :grin: