How to decide the servers based on licensing

@heena_shaikh
Please tell me if you need more info.

Edit note;
An important one: Please sign up for https://academy.uipath.com very usefull training information!

First note:
Im kinda surprised to see why you actually asked this question. This is part of the preparation BEFORE you decide to buy licenses. This looks kinda like the wrong way.
Second, why do you need 4 NonProduction robots when you only have 2 test studio’s? A bit overkill in my opinion. The licenses aren’t cheap.

Im not sure how Uipath is handling the Apps license in the architecture. I asked them a long time ago and still waiting for that answer (over 2 months).
So i cannot help you with that.

Dependencies:

• active directory usage or standalone accounts in Orchestrator
  • Usage of mail settings (Ask IT for ports and settings)
  • Usage of Mobile apps in your organization (Ask risk department)
  • SSL certificates needed.
    etc. etc.
    production has an extra SQL database. That one can be used for archive logging. (important when running updates if you need long term logging), because the Main database should NOT contain over 1.000.000 records in the logging tables.

Version control
How do you want to control your source code and package management? See CI / CD pipeline as optional. IF production crashes, where will you get the current packages. This is really an important thing to talk through with development, IT, etc.

The infrastructure will be a bit like this.

The docs below should provide you with all the information you need. You just have to sit down with the IT department and decide it together what would be the best approach for your company. I can give you a basic guideline, but it all depends on the infrastructure that is available.

Some insight documentation
Orchestrator:

Studio:

Robot:

Apps: (tasks)

Some notes:

• Be aware when using the App, you need outside access. So you have to open your production environment to be able to use the app.
    It needs an public domain for that. Or your mobile devices have to be on the same network.
  • Downloading packages/dependencies. You will need outside access for this.
  • Make sure to talk this through with the IT Department
  • outside connections. Your robots might need outside connections for downloading packages/dependencies or accessing websites.
  • Try to secure your orchestrator IIS server as much as possible > Talk to IT
  • Email server. The port isn’t listed in the architecture > Talk to IT for settings on that.

Servers Production.
1x Orchestrator |

• 1x Windows Server 2016 With IIS installed. See documentation for details
  • SSL certificate required for Uipath Orchestrator
  • domainname (internal or external domain)

SQL database instance

• Probably already present in your company environment

5x Attended Robot Named User

• 5x Win10 Workstations or VDI’s with only Uipath Robot installed and activated

5x Unattended Robot Concurrent

• 5x Win10 Workstations or VDI’s with only Uipath Robot installed and activated

5x UiPath Apps
// Don’t know about this one. No extra hardware needed. It is more that features will be activated automaticly in orchestrator (Tasks).

Servers nonproduction:
I am sure you can fill this one in, based on the information given. /That;'s your homework for today :smile:

Installers:
use the MSI installers. Uipath can provide them. Install every part (orchestrator, studio, robot) from commandline with logging enabled. In my experience this is the best way. Especially when you run into problems.

4 Likes