How to create Uipath Project nuget package in command line

Hi,

How do i mimic the publish to create a nuget package using the command line ?.

When i executed nuget pack project.json it says nothing found in bin.

I tried creating a nuspec file with the details and then it worked. How do i make it work with just the project.json?

Thanks
Kiran

1 Like

Please check this link. hope you will find your answer.

Kiran, did you end up finding out how to do this?
I’m also after this functionality, essentially building the project using build tools taking the project from source repository.

Hi, I would like to ask if there is other method to package the file other than using the studio itself, i.e. via command line?

Found Nothing yet

Checking on this again. Anyone find a solution to this?

Just trying my luck here, Did any solution come up for this?

There are many package creation tools available. you can opt these apps to build nuget package via commandline

Hi @kiran_kumar_sukumar

Open Command Prompt and navigate to the directory where the Robot.exe file is saved and use the below command
For Example
c:\Program Files (x84)\UiPath\Studio> UiRobot.exe -pack “C:\UiPath\Projects\Notepad\project.json” -o “destination file”. Click on enter.

This will create a nuget package of your project in the destination path you have specified above.

Refer the link :https://robot.uipath.com/docs/arguments-description

1 Like

Hi,

Step 1: Navigate to UiRobot.exe

For community edition, navigate to "%localappdata% then “\Local\UiPath\app-18.x.x\UiRobot.exe”
For enterprise edition, navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe”

Step 2: Copy the source project.json path
example: “D:\Process\CASA_2019\project.json”

Step 3: Copy the destination folder path
example : “D:\Process”

Step 4: Define the package version as per the organization standard
example: “15.03.2019”

Note: version only accepts numeric characters and period “.”
The format M.m.bbbb.rrrrr , where:

M is the major version.
m is the minor version.
bbbb is the build version.
rrrrr is the revision version.

Run the below command and it will create a nuget package with projectname.version.nupkg

cmd : C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.4.2>uirobot.exe -pack “D:\Process\CASA_2019\project.json” -o “D:\Process” -v “15.03.2019”

output : Packed project ‘D:\Process\CASA_2019\project.json’ to ‘D:\Process\CASA_2019.15.03.2019.nupkg’

Note: This packaging command is available from 2018.3 only, previous version robots will not support this.

Thanks
John Felix

3 Likes