How to Create Custom format Excel in everyday process run

Hi Team,
In everyday process, i need to create folder with current date i.e(20/04/2021) & have to create new custom excel which should includes 10 columns,by adding names ,column colour,filters , finally have to write extracted data to this excel and save, Kindly suggest me approach with best practices, I know its a whole task but this task will makes good sense on all activities in everyday work life , if any self practice xaml files are available kindly share with me balasammy@live.com

@balaji.S Welcome to the community!

1. Keep one file ready with the columns you need in input folder
  2. Use create the directory activity and pass the path followed by “C:”+Now.ToString(“dd/MM/yyyy”)
  3. Use copy file activity and pass input file which we created at 1st point as input and the path with file name in destination path property Example: “C:”+Now.ToString(“dd/MM/yyyy”)+“Finalfile.xlsx”
1 Like

many thanks for showing up your efforts @Pravin_Patil1 but here is the challenge everyday data which i should extract from client website is dynamic sometimes it may have 3 columns sometimes 5 like or with or without filters based on this, i have to create new excel file, by read and write range am able to do that but unable to add filters and Column colours.

How you are extracting the data? Using data extraction?

If yes then it will give you data in the data table by default.

yes @Pravin_Patil1 am using data extraction activity and another process is also same procedure but need to extract the data first then have to add multiple columns this excel will used in another process

1. Create the data table and initiate(new System.Data.Datatable) variable and use add column activity based on your input.
1 Like

Kudos to ua effort @Pravin_Patil1 i will follow the same.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.