How to count the number of rows in the each group?

Hi I would like to know how I can count the number of rows for each group in a large dataset. Below is a sample dataset. There are many more groups and the number of groups and people assigned to them differ with every excel file.

1 Like

Hello @anonymous3,

What do you mean by counting number of rows??
For example group 1, you got 4 people smthg like that??

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv ,

Yes, so the output will show me (Group 1: 4, Group 2: 2, Group 3: 6, Group 4: 1, Group 5: 3).

1 Like

cool, Try the below expression

(From row in dataTable.AsEnumerable Where row(0).ToString.Equals(“3”)).Count

Cheers

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv ,

Thank you for the reply. How do I perform this code in Uipath Studios? Also how does this code show the number of rows in each group, could you help explain it?

1 Like

using assign activity,

let me give you sample, give me a minute!

Try this @anonymous3

Count Rows.xaml (6.6 KB)

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv ,

Thank you for the sample file. Also, I have an additional question. When you read one group (e.g. Group 1), how can I make it so that the bot display the count/position of each row? For example, Group 1 has 4 people inside so the bot output will show:

Group 1:

This will be shown instead of just the number 4. It does not have to show the name of the people.

1 Like

Hi

If you want names too you can try this (From row in outSample.AsEnumerable Where row(0).ToString.Equals(“3”) Select row(1)).Tolist()

Hi

sorry I dont understand what you have mentioned in the bracket, can u explain it?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.