How to copy image to clipboard? OR How to save screenshots inside a Citrix environment ? OR How to paste image in excel/word/ppt/paint?
Most of the times, we get a requirement to save Images/Data of the transactions/operations done inside a Citrix Environment for debugging or verification purposes.
- Taking the screenshot, saving it in a shared file location which is accessible from the citrix server.
- Using .Net functions to set the image to clipboard, and access it from there.
Description of Solution:
- Inside the workflow, drag a Sequence
- Use "Take Screenshot" activity to capture the image, save the output in an image variable
- Use "Invoke Method" activity to call "Set Image" method. Details to be mentioned. Target Type → System.Windows.Form.Clipboard, Method Name → SetImage, Parameters → Input → Image Variable (from the above step)
- Use "Open Application" to open Paint or any other application to save the image from clipboard
- Use "Send Hotkey" activity → "Ctrl +V" for pasting the image to Paint
- Use "Send Hotkey" activity → "Ctrl + S" for saving the file
- Use "Type Into" activity → to fill the location where you want to save the file
- Use "Send Hotkey" activity → "Enter"
- Use "Type Into" activity to provide the file name
- Use "Send Hotkey" activity → "Enter" to save the file.
- Use "Close Application" activity to close the Paint application.
Attached the sample workflow for reference under Related Section of the KB Article.