How to convert feedback input into equivalent grade (number)

Hi, i’m new here .

I have in excel feedback about staff as strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree and strongly disagree . I would like uipath program to convert for me to their equivalent grade (number) as 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, respectively. What is the simplest way to do this?

You can iterate over Data Table using For Each Row activity, and can use Switch for Grading .

tks for your reply. are you able to translate into layman terms ? am not really a techical guy and am new to uipath.

Hi @raymond_barlis ,

Check this sample workflow.

Feedback_Grade.zip (2.9 KB)

thank you sir!, will work on it . appreciate the assistance!

Hi Shraddha,

any way i can get your contact email? :wink:

tech lab code Cleanliness Working condtion On Time Setup Overall Comments
Barvo s df Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Very good Very good support, responsive and full support.
tango asfd fe Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Very good TE is very responsible in discharging her duties and is very helpful to students. There is excellent equipment support for testing of zumo components.
alpfa fs fsdf Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Very good Very good services provided
bogart sdf sf Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Very good Very good services provided & very helpful

Hi Shradda, here is a sample of my raw data. Need to convert the 5 columns of feedback to corresponding grade (e.g., strongly agree = 5, disagree = 4…) . after that , get the average score per line item (each line is individual input) . lastly, include in new output worksheet the average scores plus the free-text feedback comments . how shall i do this?

Hi @raymond_barlis ,

Could you also show me expected output table? I want to check how your feedback columns look in output.

here it is: the student feedback column is from a set of individual excel files , lecturer data is from 1 amalgamated file:

Staff Section Supervisor Student feedback Lecturer feedback Stu (2/3) + Lect (1/3) Comment
Braco gsrd tanga 4.30 4.90 4.50 he is helpful
gartbo quan angat 3.99 4.98 4.32 is always prompt and follows-up on his work

are you able to assist ?