How to control unattended robot?

Hi, UiPathers!

I am supposed to use unattended robot.
However, there are some considerations.

If are there scheduled processes on one UR:

–running process hang up. Dose next process start rightly? Or one software both processes use hang up?

–one process is running until next process start. What will do running process and next process?

–running process put error message. How to stop next process automatically?

I think Orchestrator dose not have enough proccess control functions yet. Do we need another job control software, such as JobScheluler, JP1 and JobCenter?

How do you guys manage processes on UR?

Thank you for your advice.

@Tao

Welcome to the community!

–running process hang up. Dose next process start rightly? Or one software both processes use hang up?

• If using REFramework the process will terminate itself and close out all applications when it finds itself “hung up”
  • However, there are instances where items may not close out properly such as application web based applications not logging out successfully. These will have to be handled separately and tend to present in UAT.

–one process is running until next process start. What will do running process and next process?

• The running process will continue to execute until it finishes its job, J1. The next job, J2, will wait for J1 finished its job before starting J2. If a J3 is instructed to start after J2 itll wait until J2 is finsihed and so on… If J1, J2, and J3 are all the same process only J2 will follow.

–running process put error message. How to stop next process automatically?

• This can be handled with REFramework. When errors are thrown, through the way you handle the flow, the process will either Retry the Transactions Item or Terminate the process.

Thank you for your advice.

I understood that it is better to control UR using REFramework.

I have a question after reading.

3jobs are scheduled the following.

9:00 J1-1

10:00 J2

11:00 J1-2

*J1-1 and J1-2 are related. J2 is not.

If J1-1 put error message, I want to skip J1-2 automatically. Can I do it?

I’m assuming that J1-1 and J1-2 cannot be included in 1process, because J2 is between J1-1 and J1-2.

Thank you.

@Tao

When scheduling process they will always start when scheduled.

If J1-1 and J1-2 are related by the meaning of J1-1 populates data for J1-2 then you can use the REFramework to load you data elements into a queue, populate an excel sheet, etc. and then J1-2 looks for this data and if it is not found then the process doesn’t run.