How to continue on error in copy directory

I’m trying to copy directory. Some where inside the directory getting long path error. How can I continue on that error and how can i know the path of that file or folder at which I’m getting that error. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

@Chaitanya_podilapu

Can you attach screenshot?

Its just a copy directory activity and that error! nothing more in that workflow!

Yes like we can place that activity alone in a TRY CTACH activity
And to know this

Before to that Copy directory activity we can use a Log message activity and mention the same input that we have used in Copy directory activity as a string between double quotes
So the sequence be like

Log message activity
Try catch activity
Inside the try block that copy directory activity
And then catch with exception as System.Exception
And then the rest of activities we have

Cheers @Chaitanya_podilapu

Yeah but after catching exception, it would stop the copy process and and then moves to next step. I don’t want to stop the copy process of rest of the files after the long path file error occurs. Log message is that i haven’t tried before. This is where i’m out of ideas.

Thanks!

1 Like

Then we can keep the whole sequence in a TRY CATCH BLOCK so that if error occurs it will go to catch block
And it won’t go for next file path

Cheers @Chaitanya_podilapu

This error i’m getting at those folders are deep inside one another. In catch block, i can continue to copy files next to that error file, but i cannot be able to continue copying the remaining folders other than that folder containing long path error file.
Thank you!

Hi! @Chaitanya_podilapu You can try Long Path Tool for copying long path files.