How to compare one row in excel E1 to all the rows present in E2(Excel2)

Hi Team,

I have 2 excels E1 & E2. My E1 has one row which needs to be compared with all the rows present in E2. and corresponding E2 columns information i need to take it in variable.
Can someone please explain me ?

Regards,
Diksha

We can use Lookup datatable activity
Cheers @DikshaSK

Hi @DikshaSK,

What kind of comparision you need to do with those datatable, do you want to check all column values are matching in each row and pull out particular value if everything matching.

Or Need to identify which are all the rows are not matching.

You need to get some value into a variable right, which column from which table.

Im new to this. Can you provide me an example

I need to compare E1 (cell A1) value with my all values present in E2(Cell A1,A2,A3… etc) and if
E1(A1)=E2(A3 or A4) respective value from E2(B3 and B4 ) value needs to be taken in variable

1 Like

Sure
—hope these egos would help your resolve this
—use excel application scope and pass the file path as input
—inside the scope use read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
—now again use a excel application scope and pass the file path of second excel file
—then use a read range activity and get the output named dt2
—now use a for each row loop and pass the above variable dt as input
—inside the loop use a LOOKUP DATATABLE activity and mention like this
input value - row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString
datatable - dt2
Lookup column name - your column name in dt2
Target column name - your column name in dt2
Cellvalue -str_output , a variable of type string that will store the value from dt2 for the corresponding value in the dt

Cheers @DikshaSK

1 Like

Im not sure if i did it correct? this is my xml file. But im still not passing correct value it seemsComparision.zip (10.1 KB)

VLOOKUP option will do the trick @DikshaSK, Have you tried that? It will give you the value if it matches, Simple MATCH class will also help you with this. But remember, they are excel functions and you need to use them in the excel itself

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.